Tuesday, December 19, 2006

post-trip withdrawals

well i guess no trip would be complete without an update about the aftermath. except the trip to heaven that is.

well like i shared during the trip, and in some of the sharing sessions, the toughest part is when we're back in Singapore, with all its mundaneness, mountains of stress and homework and myopia.

the first night back in singapore was unbelievable. the reception at the airport, the food at hans, the clean floor at home.. the ability to just hit the bed and sleep immediately was a feeling.. that i havent experienced in a long time.

physically i definitely feel slightly stronger and my metabolism has taken a turn for the better. somehow i can just eat a lot again. something that i havent been able to do for quite some time haha. i hope i can by some miracle run my 2.4 faster too haha.

only after we're back then i realise how close we as a group have actually drawn to each other. but we must all realise that this group will not always be the same forever and we need to have firm rooting in none other than Christ. suddenly when i'm back in Singapore i feel the somewhat lack of need to study the bible and talk to God.. and i realise that it was through the group that i had gained much of my spiritual insight and been able to pull through the trip. because of this i shall make a commitment to memorise verses again.

guitar-wise.. well of course not practising properly for 10 days has taken quite a toll on my fingers. i do wish i still had the playing standards i had before the trip but i realise my sacrifice was to do God's work, so its okay that i dont play so well now. and because i realise that God holds his purpose for me in his hands, ya know, its okay if i dont play as well ever again.

homework-wise.. okay i've finished my 4000 word essay 1st draft (actually 2, if you count the mission trip report i blogged lol). but other than that it looks like i'm gonna get a few scoldings when i go back to sch. leaving for beijing on friday, then youth camp once i come back.. doesnt seem viable that i rush my philosophy essay and not do well. this is another area where i need guidance from God.

family-wise.. well my family really hasnt changed. my sis is well, still my sis, and my mom is already busy packing for beijing, for the whole family (i think i know where i got my compulsive organisational skills from, lol) (i dont intend to pack till thursday lol).

being back in Singapore, well, it is a familiar environment and all.. and it seems like its just too easy to slip back into life as if nothing happened. i know that i cannot hang on too tightly to the memories and people of this trip, if not i will never grow. my life is uniquely my own, and i know i can only live it, with God's help, through the stresses (and myopia) that urban living brings. and through my life God has a purpose for me.

so the challenge has begun. and i pray that God will guide me, and grant me strength with his presence and a spirit of humility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home