Friday, July 07, 2006

well the past few days have been a whirlwind of events.

it's been mugging non stop for the exams the past few days.. econs was 50% complete, physics was also arnd 50% complete, and maths was 75% complete. took the english exam ytd and it was okay.

however, i visited the doctor in the evening and i was told that the red spots on my chest and back are shingles.. gave me a 7 day mc and told me i'm not even allowed to study.

well. at first it was really mixed feelings.. i felt okay enough to sit through the maths and chinese papers today!! haha. but all my planning finally failed. i've really seen the hand of God through this incident.. i've planned and planned and planned so that i will make the exams.. but Isaiah 55:8 says "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. instead now i'm given a seven day almost holiday, asked not to have any stress at all and just rest. i'm indeed grateful as it is liberation of my mind. it's been enslaved for really long.. and i've just been longing for some rest i read of in matthew 11:28.. and i think i've finally got it. well at least for now.

called the sch this morning, and the Presiding examiner dint really tell me what was goign to happen to me.. just wanted to know what happened and said 'rest well, bye' and hung up lol. so will i make up for the missed papers? i dunno, and perhaps its better that i dont, so i will have less stress lol.

2 Cor. 12:9 says "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." sometimes we just need to be slapped really hard so that we will realise something. i'm glad i'm so sick now.. cos that means i have more time to rest, a reason to change my ways in sch, and also more time for God.

James tells us in his book chapter 1:2, to 'Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,' well i guess this is one of the trials that has brought me joy.

and i really realise how much i love my mum.. shes gone to US until the 24th, and wont be around to keep my company when i'm sick :( haha my dad's ok.. but he onli asked me if i called the sch when i was like.. awake at 9:30am. and i dun have the security of my mum's care. ah well.

anyways if u were wondering what shingles was, well whats important is that its not contagious, as in u cant catch it from somebody else, and hits you when ur immune system is down, which was probably the case for me. the rash is on my back and chest, and onli infects one side of ur body, so i looked normal in sch. other than that, its supposed to be really bad; the rest of the symptoms u can go read up yourself :P

ok then. i can go SLACK now. :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home