Saturday, October 08, 2005

yesterday was day 4.

paper 6: chem
my whole class was anticipating a killer paper like physics.. but forunately a reasonable paper was set so i cud do most of the qns (wif of cos a few careless mistakes that i feel like smashing the paper for). hahah then in the middle of the exam my chem teacher started giving out certs for some austrialian chem quiz we took earlier this year.. and i got quite a shock when i saw 'high distinction' on my cert. hahah gave me a mental block in the middle of the exam for a minute. im going to shake hands wif the principal nxt wk!! hahah. pity im not taking chem nxt yr.

yeap anyways nxt wk is chinese on monday, and one maths paper a day till thursday then it will be over!!! for the rest of thursday. theres mep remedial on friday morning, our marking day -.- were supposed to be playing lol.

hmm was thinking about music jus now. was playing a bit on my piano then my mom was in the house and she heard my piano playing chopin's nocturne and his fantasie impromptu and was like.. wah he has improved. hahah of cos it wasnt me playing.. wud take another lot of years to master them if i decide to continue piano. hahah so i told her i wud need another 20 or so years to master the first page of fantasie impromptu. then later she was like.. 'u shud have reached grade 5 when u were primary 5'. then i was like.. i have a life u noe. hmm i realli realise the importance of cultivating an interest in music in ur child instead of jus setting the standards by exams.. thats wad my guitar teacher told me. and its veri true indeed. if everyday u scold ur child to practice piano (thats wad sort of happened to me) its no wonder that i got 101/150 for grade 2 and 3 (borderline pass) and 110 for grade 4. learning an instrument is not about exams. its about your desire to learn more melodies to play so that u can enjoy it and other pple can enjoy the music u play. exams are ok if u want to improve yourself and have something to aim for but it shudnt be everything. hahah it wud have helped if there were a bit 'er ru mu ran' involved but im sorta the onli person doing music in my family, aside from ken hu takes pop organ.

and it sort of makes me angry that people think music is like studies and school. in terms of academic progress, i study, i can make it. but for music its different. its not a straight line graph nor an exponantial graph. its a ln graph (or 'decreasing accleration'). grade 1 - 5 for guitar was easy for me. after grade 5 i took a year to progress a grade. hmm sometimes i feel singapore's education realli has no room for aspiring musicians.. the school workload is jus too heavy.

hmm. i realli dunno wad God holds for me. maybe i will not have a career in music as my father shared with me but i will still continue with my interest in music.

but for now.. the guitar and piano sits inactive (and collecting dust >.<) while i study for the maths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home