Saturday, October 23, 2004

hello again!!

last nite's 40th anniversary dinner was a blast!! yeah. ok heres today's topic.. teaching Bible class. haha. i've been teaching the Timothy class this year on the last sunday of every month. this being my first time trying to teach, obviously it wasnt tt successful. the class is also quite small, most students i had was 10, least being 6. quite difficult. you look at the teaching materials and go, "wad has this got to do wif Christianity?" the suggested activities are oso mostly for kids, and timothy class is p4 - p6. nt veri gd for somebody hu prepares his stuff on saturday nite. need better time management. i'm oso nt sumbody hu likes to beat around the bush, and i like to go straight to the point. no wonder my lessons last 5 minutes.

tonite my mom helped me a great deal for tml's lesson, so i hope i can jus do my best to teach. oh and my mom helping me oso means a great deal of scolding too haha. heres my lesson plan for tml.


Creativity (wad has this got to do wif Christianity?) (nah, but if u look closely, u can find examples.)


1. I will use my talents for good and for God.

Exodus 36 – building the tabernacle1 So Bezalel, Oholiab and every skilled person to whom the LORD has given skill and ability to know how to carry out all the work of constructing the sanctuary are to do the work just as the LORD has commanded."

2 Chronicles 2 – building the temple during the reign of Solomon7 "Send me, therefore, a man skilled to work in gold and silver, bronze and iron, and in purple, crimson and blue yarn, and experienced in the art of engraving, to work in Judah and Jerusalem with my skilled craftsmen, whom my father David provided.

You can have creativity, but use it for the wrong purposes, e.g. WMD

2. I will see things from more than one perspective

Matthew 22: 15 – 22 – Paying taxes to Caesar

more than 1 angle, but most impt: spiritual perspective

3. I will use God’s principles to solve problems

Daniel 1: 8 – 16 – Daniel’s training in Babylon
i. principle = unclean and clean food
ii. did not want to get the guards into trouble
iii. therefore he proposed a solution that did not compromise his principles, and with God’s help, he was successful.
iv. God’s solution is the best solution

4. I will learn all I can
Ecclesiastes 12: 9 – 14 – the end of Solomon’s pondering; conclusion = Fear God and keep his commandments

Studying Bible as to eating food

5. I will look for new ways to be a person of character
Sometimes we need to look at ourselves and our behaviour towards others and correct any behaviour that is not good in God’s sight.

Heres my bit of filosophy!!
Talents can be divided into:
Sports
Music and Arts
Knowledge/wisdom
Character (sociability, encouragement)
Which category does your talent fall into? Use it for God’s glory

ok.. 90% of the stuff here is my mom's stuff, so credit goes to u mom!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home